When A.A. Milne created the character of Winnie the Pooh, after drawing inspiration from his son’s toy collection, no one probably thought that the honey bear could become such a sensation. But Winnie the Pooh became such a hit not because it was a children’s favourite, but it struck a chord with the adult population too. Winnie the Pooh arrives with many wise words, emerging out of his humble nature, making it incredibly profound. They are words which one could try to live by.
Here are 15 inspiring quotes we learned from Winnie the Pooh:
1. Piglet: “How do you spell ‘love’?” Pooh: “You don’t spell it…you feel it.”
Many people just say ‘love’ without meaning anything. It’s not a word, it’s an emotion – a strong feeling.
2. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.”
We are all unique and that’s why we have certain parts which make us unique. These are different from others and that is who we are.
3. “You are braver than you believe. Stronger than you seem. And smarter than you think.”
You may not know this, but you are brave and strong. You may believe that you are not smart, but you are smart enough. We are our worst critics.
4. “Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart.”
Small things matter. They enter your heart with ease and stay there forever. They won’t go away that easily.
5. “Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.”
Rivers continue to flow without any hurry. They know their destination. They know they would reach it. What’s the use of hurrying?
6. “Some people care too much. I think it’s called love.”
Love is caring more about others than about yourself. Isn’t it beautiful and scary at the same time?
7. “Weeds are flowers too once you get to know them.”
We cut off weeds because they ruin our gardens and occupy space. But even the bad parts are necessary for our lives. Weeds are flowers as well if you are aware of them.
8. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.”
We cannot be together all the time but when you dream, the impossible becomes possible. Maybe that’s why, even when you and your loved ones are far apart, you dream about each other.
9. “You can’t stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”
We sometimes wait for things to happen to us without attempting to get it. Sometimes, we need to take a step and move towards it.
10. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
This is such a funny way to express a sad story. We will all die one day, but what’s worse is separation. We don’t want to stay separated from a loved one.
11. “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.”
If we want the world to be different, then we can try to bring a bit of change. A little bit of consideration can lead to a major difference in the future of your friend and you.
12. “A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside.”
If you spend one day without any friend, it will be the driest and the bitter-most day of your week.
13. “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever.”
You might get separated from your loved ones, but what you can do is keep them in your memory. They will stay there for eternity.
14. “A day spent with you is my favourite day. So today is my new favourite day.”
A day spent with a friend will immediately be in your memory as one of the remarkable days in your life.
15. “How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
If you are with a loving person, then saying goodbye is the hardest thing that you can do. You don’t want to go away from them.